Gilbert J. Johnson
Prior to Ft. Sheridan Group, Gil held senior information services executive positions with Helene Curtis, FleetPride, Motorola-Nortel, Octel Communications and Chemplex Corp. Industry experience includes: consumer products, discrete and process manufacturing, high technology manufacturing and distribution.
At Ft. Sheridan Group Mr. Johnson has:
· Led the business transformation, process re-design and ERP implementation for a middle market custom manufacturer of high tech electronic signs and stadium scoreboards.
o He then lead the ERP software evaluation and selection and implementation and re-casting of the information services function.
· Assisted in an IT alignment program for a middle market consumer products company that was faced with post merger integration issues.
· Provided management direction and support for the planning and negotiation of an outsourcing program for a $5bl multi-national manufacturer of automotive ride control and emissions systems.
· Provided analysis, recommendations and direction for the complete re-structuring of a private company focused on technology infrastructure construction, implementation, and services for many of the nations largest retailers.
· Provided management and support for IT operations and data warehouse function of a multinational insurance company.
· Provided Information Services strategic planning support for a privately held, multi-national, consumer audio company
· Successfully completed an executive search for a CIO for a mid-sized business services company.
At FleetPride Mr. Johnson has:
· Provided overall leadership for Information Services Technologies and Planning including design and direction of Information Service Strategic Planning, international consumer products manufacturer.
· Directed the design and implementation of distribution management software supporting order management, finance and accounting, purchasing and customer resource management and marketing support for this 200 location parts distribution company
· Managed the roll up and restructuring of 20 information services functions.
· Lead integration efforts to merge IT in support of corporate restructuring.
· Lead IT efforts to support a single client and product view of the retail environment
· Launched a successful Business intelligence project.
At Helene Curtis as the senior IT executive Mr. Johnson has:
· Lead efforts leading to the acquisitoion and implementation of an SAP ERP business applications suite.
· Rationalized and outsourced mulltiple IT Operations functions.
· Redesigned and managed implementation of a world wide local and wide area network function and operations center.
At Motorola/Nortel Mr. Johnson has:
· Developed and managed the implementation of business infrastructure processes and customer support processes affecting sales, product configuration and quotation management, finance and customer engineering support and electronic commerce.
· Managed the design and implementation and operations of multiple information services functions in the US, Canada, Mexico and Latin America.
· Designed multiple data warehouse and Business Intelligence functions.
· Provided direction for Electronic Commerce function using both EDI and XML as standards.
· Directed the acquisition and implementation of a comprehensive ERP distribution requirements planning software suite.
· Supported the restructuring of the corporation.
· Implemented and managed remote office locations in Mexico, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacfic.
At Octel Mr. Johnson has:
· Managed the successful rescue of an ERP implementation.
· Implemented a CRM and sales force automation system providing worldwide accessibility.
· Implemented a field service management system in 17 remote support locations.
· Restructured multiple international IT functions.
At Chemplex Company Mr. Johnson has:
· Restructured and reimplemented four IT operations functions.
· Acquired and implemented a “Process Manufacturing” applications suite.
· Managed the re-engineering of business processes
· Managed the design and implementation of data warehouses and business intelligence functions.
· Designed and managed the implementation of a laboratory information application suite supporting 150 chemical engineering PHD research scientists
Mr. Johnson holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Management and an MBA from Western New England College in Springfield Massachusetts.